Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispenses fuel, motor oil and additives, as required.
- Maintains records of fuel and oil issued and inventory of gasoline and other supplies on hand. Takes daily meter readings of pumps and "dip-stick" readings of gasoline and storage tanks.
- Drains and changes lubricants in crank cases, differentials, and transmissions; lubricates vehicles and replaces oil and air filters.
- Checks fluid level in braking systems and power steering reservoirs.
- Checks oil and water levels, tire pressure, anti-freeze and advises supervisor of any issues.
- Uses compressed air grease guns, wrenches, and other tools.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal proficiency level.
- Follow all safety policies and PPE use.
Skill Requirements and Experience
- CDL Class A license required.
- Minimum of 12 months driving experience in type and class of vehicle used in field operation.
- Tanker Endorsement required.
- Hazmat Endorsement required.
- Must have knowledge of and is responsible for the correct oiling and greasing and changing of filters on equipment according to manufacturers’ specifications.
DOT Hiring Requirements
- Must be able to pass a DOT drug/alcohol test.
- Cannot have refused to submit to a DOT drug/alcohol test in the last 10 years
- If failed a drug/alcohol test in the last 10 years must have completed a substance abuse program and provide proof.
- Cannot have received a DUI/DWI or any drug or alcohol related offense in a commercial or personal vehicle in the last 7 years.
- Must be able to work under extreme or demanding driving conditions at times.
- Able to read, speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and follow specific directions from supervision.
- Ability to submit to and successfully complete any specific safety or job training that may be required.
- Conduct and behavior exemplifying company standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Stands, works and climbs on vehicles to check oil and water. Occasional heavy lifting required in handling cans and drums of petroleum products. Some bending, reaching and working in awkward positions when performing work in lube pits or under car racks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Must have the ability to quickly respond appropriately to unexpected events. This position may require long periods of standing and being subjected to adverse weather conditions. Consistently wear common protective or safety equipment such as but not all inclusive safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment; outside weather conditions, rough uneven surfaces and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Paid Time Off
Longview Bridge & Road is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions) sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or other protected class status or other characteristic protected by state or federal law.